Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Communicative Abilities & Propensities

If you're anything like me (if that's even possible), you think a lot. And you do that thinking fairly often. I've been told that thinking can get you into trouble because you'll start questioning things. You'll start questioning the theology that's been driven into you by your cultural surroundings and, according to some, that kind of thinking is very bad. And I used to think that too; thus, when I started engaging in such thinking, I became consumed with a fairly large amount of guilt. Needless to say, I wasn't too healthy spiritually. But I've worked through much of that guilt (thanks in part to "Finding Faith" by Brian McLaren) and I'm glad to say that I enjoy a healthy dose of questioning, doubting, pondering, and such like intellectual pursuits.

I say all of that to say this: Go read the blog of my friend Rick, especially his most recent post. I find his lines of thinking to be refreshing and rather engaging. More than anything else, I'm amazed at his ability to write so frequently, so freely, and with so much depth on a regular basis. I often spend days just chasing around on my favorite blogs and commenting there to even write a post of my own every 2 or 3 days. Rick, on the other hand, typically writes once a day, along with reading through the material of others. His blogrole is much longer than mine, yet I'm sure he gets to most everyone's on a regular basis. I hope you like what you find there. I do....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home