Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Hardly

Think of all the things that we do that we don't really want to do.

Seriously.

Start thinking.

I'm thinking about them. I'm here at work. I don't really want to be here, but I haven't found a way out. So, I think of things that I don't want to be doing as well as things that I would MUCH rather be doing. I'm nearly to the point that I'm going to bring my physical journal in here at night so I can write, think, ponder, and work on my screen play (BTW, the first scene is finished if you'd be interested in reading it).

So, start writing. Now.

I'd like to see what people do that they don't want to do. Maybe this is an exercise is Pauline discipline and accountability or maybe I'm just bored here at work and I'm trying to get my brain working toward something vaguely growth-oriented. Now, I'm not asking you folks to reveal your innermost secrets & sins -- I'm simply wanting to get us thinking about all of the things that we do & engage in as we live our lives that we just do NOT want to do.

And, if you're not me, that's great, but, when I think about creating such a list, it gets fairly lengthy, fairly quickly. There's lots that I do that I just don't want to do. What should I do about that? What should ALL of us do about ALL the things that we don't want to do, but end up doing anyway?

What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home