Friday, August 12, 2005

Such a blur....

Well, it's happened. As of Monday, August 22nd, I will have a new place of employment.

Yes, you read right.

No, I am not mistaken.

And no, you can't even imagine how excited I am at this juncture in my life.

All of this has happened in the past 10 days or so. I can think of a whole host of adjectives to describe the process -- ridiculous, serendipitous, and blessed, amongst others. But all I can really say is this -- it is right and it is good. I have a peace that could only come from God concerning all that has happened, right down to the fact that I might even have a room in a house to move into that should be rent-free (or very close to it).

I could hold out for some professional position with a bank, staffing company, or human resources firm, and I think that I would do very well in such a place. I'm good with people and I like helping those same people. However, I also feel that, by entering into such a job, it would be just that: a job. Not a place of being, belonging, and growing, but a place where I'd simply be making a buck or two more than I'm making now. And if that's the only reason I'd jump into a new job, that's the WRONG reason. I've never been driven by money -- why else would I have stayed where I'm at now if I had truly been driven by the almighty dollar?

I feel that I've stepped into a new stage in my life -- one where I can develop my vocation on so many levels. Not only will I be teaching, but the school actively encourages teachers to engage in their artistic endeavors in their off-time. Why is this? Because they feel that a teacher best regenerates their spirits, brain, & internal battery by developing their art in their off-time.

Yes.

You heard me right.

These people WANT me to work on my writing, my screenplay, my whatever. I've had several friends tell me (upon hearing my good news) that I HAVE to get busy writing more since I'll have more time to develop my craft. People (whom I love and who love me) are openly telling me & wanting me to write more. How humbling is that?

Here's this! The second-grade teacher even told me that the area orchestra in which she is involved is looking for a Tuba player. When I told her that I don't own my own (since a decent used Tuba costs as much as a decent used car), she told me that the conductor is a Tuba player and would definitely have one. How crazy is that??

I say all that to say this. I thank you God for your blessings. I thank you God for doing things in your time. I thank you God for allowing me to experience this very dry, Paul-in-Arabia time in my life -- I might not understand it, but I know it's been for a wonderful reason. I thank you for teaching me, molding me, shaping me, and showing me that you do have my best interests in mind, at all times. I thank you for loving me through my doubts and through my bouts of intense insecurity. I thank you for the support of my friends throughout the past 6 months. I thank you for bringing them into my life -- I couldn't have made it without you using those people is such beautiful ways in my life.

Anyway, I'll be one of the 3-day-a-week Kindergarten teachers at The Harvest. Go visit their site, as I should have a biography up there soon.

Peace.

Teach Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home