Monday, November 28, 2005

Ideas for Advent

Over at one of my other blogs, I had begun a progression through the book of Genesis to accompany my commentary and development of the children's church curriculum for use at the church I attend. However, as Advent approached, I felt the need to post those lessons and thoughts along with my thoughts on Genesis. Thus, in tandem with what I am posting over at THAT blog, I decided to post a list that was proferred to us during our service last evening by our Lead Pastor, Chad Karger. Read along and let me know what you think.

Expectations
Eat less
Eat less often
Share what you eat
Watch less television
Go outside
Pray outside before sunrise
Read
Read more
Write
Sit
Sit quietly
Sit quietly and do nothing
Listen less to talk radio
Listen more to others
Talk less to others
Talk with a child under 10 years old
Talk with an adult over 70 years old
Wait
Wait well
Wait often

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home